Donate your stuff
Do you have a closet full of goodies that you don't use? If you’re cleaning, moving, downsizing, just getting organized, or whatever it may be, don’t let the items you no longer need or want, end up in the landfill. If you have something that can be reused and repurposed by our Veterans, please donate and together we can make sure those good quality materials and products never go to waste. Here at Rescue Repurpose Redeem we like to see items saved rather than slung and turned into something new and useful again.
We accept a wide variety items and materials. To give you an idea of the sort of stuff we can accept, have a look at the information below.
This list of materials is meant to provide general guidance.
*Items in italics are things we are currently full of - please hold your donations of these items at this time.*
• Brushes • Art paints & pigments • Watercolors • Colored pencils • Fabric dyes • Pens, markers, crayons, chalk, pastels • Ceramic glazes • Cutting mats • Hot Glue Guns, Any Art Tools • Aprons/smocks •
• Craft tools • Stained glass & supplies • Wicks • Candle wax • Corks • Pipe cleaners • Ribbons • Twine • String • Flowers • Soap/candy molds • Googly eyes • Pom-poms • Doilies • Beads • Magnets • Washi Tape • Popsicle sticks • Stamps and ink • Embroidery hoops • Buttons • Cookie cutters •
FABRICS & NOTIONS
• Fabric pieces: large and small • Piping & cording • Yarn • Needlepoint canvas •Embroidery: thread, needles, hoops • Spools of thread: empty or full • Sequins • Buttons • Beads • Patterns • patches • brooches, pins • Sewing tools-thimbles, rulers, pincushions, machines, etc. • Zippers •
• Marbles • Glass jars, canning or baby food jars • Wine bottles •
• Wire • Nails & screws • Keys • Bottlecaps • Sheet metal • Jewelry parts • Film reels • Hinges • Drawer/ Cabinet pulls or knobs • Ornate Metal Pieces • Drafting lamps • Silverware • Metal cooking/ baking items • Metal/ Brass candlesticks • Clean horseshoes • Old license plates • Metal décor •
• Shells • Feathers • Pinecones (only accepts during the fall season and for Christmas) •
• Rolls of paper • Construction paper • Cardstock stationary • Drawing or painting paper • Kraft paper • Origami paper • Art paper and pads • Newsprint-unprinted • Computer paper • Gift wrap • Tissue Paper • Calendars (with pictures) • Wall paper rolls/samples • Maps • Stickers • Vintage photos • Postcards • Greeting cards • Chipboard/ cereal box • Paint swatches color guides • Newspaper • Magazines • Playing cards • Ephemera (vintage advertising, pamphlets, decals, postages stamps) •
• Wood scraps • Driftwood • Blocks • Poles & posts • Plywood • Boards • Boxes • Dowels • Frames • Trim • Popsicle sticks • Wooden bookshelves, dressers • Other wooden furniture • Vintage wooden spools • Salvaged wooden doors • Picture frames • Window frames •
TOOLS / CONSTRUCTION
• Drills • Hammers • Screwdrivers • Power tools • Sandpaper • Dropcloths •
• Encyclopedias • Peg boards • Cork boards • Rope • Board game pieces • Mugs, teacups, saucers • Tin canisters • Wall décor • Picture frames • Soda aluminum cans • Cake and jello molds • Christmas ornaments • Shelving units • Puzzle pieces • Balloons • Dress form mannequin • Piano keys • Guitar strings and picks • Drum sticks • Sheet music • Mirrors • Globes • Ceiling fan blades • Vintage suitcases • Typewriters • Hat pins • Retro relics, vintage classics, and everyday objects!
There is just so much stuff that can rescued & repurposed that we couldn't list everything and if you have something not on the list, just email us at email@example.com to discuss your specific donation.
We accept donations at our location Tuesday through Thursday from 9 AM to 2:30 PM. At this time we do not offer a pick-up service.
Please do not send us donations via mail or leave donations outside our store when we are not open.
Are you a Business with a donation?
Reduce your waste disposal costs and your carbon footprint by donating your overstock and discarded materials to Rescue Repurpose Redeem!
Does your business/company have surplus or scrap materials that can be rescued and repurposed that would help us create less waste and more art? We encourage local businesses (art and craft stores, fabric shops, print shops, hardware stores, leather crafting stores, flooring stores, etc.) to donate the materials you no longer need to end up in the hands of Veterans who will repurpose them into unique handmade household items, instead of ending up in the landfill.
If your company is interested in making a material donation please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can provide you with a tax-deductible receipt. We also gratefully accept monetary donations as well.
If you'd like to make a monetary donation, please visit our financial donations page for more information. Thank you!
Want to see some things we make from the donated and salvaged items? Head over to our online store!